Fairfield Innovation Corridor
The Fairfield Innovation Corridor project is a complete and holistic revitalization of the area from 8th Avenue to the Interstate and from 12th Street to 28th Street. The initiative’s success to date relies on involving in the planning process residents, businesses, the faith community, and anchor institutions; strengthening existing community entities that provide services; and developing a master transformation plan that focuses on all challenges that face Fairfield, while maintaining the culture and heritage of this traditionally African-American community.
Key initiatives involve the following, all of which are catalytic in nature:
- Creation of a fully developed Master Transformation Plan
- The redevelopment of the old Northcott Court public housing project as a mixed-use development
- Creation of a land use redevelopment plan including an arts district and a sports/wellness district
- The redevelopment of Hal Greer Boulevard into a complete street with access points for the Paul Ambrose Trail for Health (PATH)
- Remodeling, reorganization and expansion of A.D. Lewis Community Center
- Organization of Fairfield Rebirth Corporation – a community development corporation to help carry out these initiatives
- New in-fill housing
- Removal of blighted housing
- Landscaping and improved lighting
- Special programs at Spring Hill Elementary – outdoor classroom
- The creation of jobs and programming designed to uplift residents and allow them to achieve their full potential.
- Acquire land and begin urban agriculture employment project
MOST RECENT PROGRESS
The award money, as well as any funds donated from individuals/businesses/organizations, is given to the Foundation for the Tri-State Community, our region’s community foundation that controls the allocation of the funds to the projects as required by competition parameters.
Donations may also be made by check. Please make payable to The Foundation for the Tri-State Community, Inc. and mail to:
Foundation for the Tri-State Community, Inc.
916 5th Avenue, Suite 403
P.O. Box 7932
Huntington, WV 25779-7932
Please put "ABC Fund" as well as the specific project name in the memo line.