The Huntington Area Development Council (HADCO) was created in 1992 as a public/private partnership. It is a nonprofit organization with more than 80 percent of its funding originating from the private sector. HADCO’s mission is to attract new employers to Cabell and Wayne counties, to retain existing employers and to help all employers expand their businesses. HADCO markets the assets of the Huntington area to business prospects looking to relocate or expand. It also:
- Maintains listings of available business sites and buildings in the area.
- Develops business parks and constructs and manages available industrial buildings to accommodate business growth.
- Maintains and compiles a community profile, which contains information frequently requested by prospects looking for an area investment. Data profiled includes, taxes, labor force, demographics, education, community facility and infrastructure development.
- Operates a $10 million loan pool from area banks to finance new projects.
- Acts as a broker for state, federal and local financing and job-training loans and grants to assist new and expanding businesses.
For more information visit HADCO's website.