Demolition Permit Instructions
To obtain a Demolition Permit please complete the following:
1. Complete Building Permit Application.
2. All structures must be tested for asbestos prior to demolition.
- a. If asbestos materials are NOT found, you must provide written documentation from the asbestos testing company verifying asbestos was not found.
- b. If asbestos materials are found, they must be removed in accordance with the Asbestos Abatement Licensing Rule West Virginia Legislative Rules Division of Health Title 64 Series 63 1998.
- c. Additional information about asbestos testing and removal can be found by calling WVDHHR Bureau for Public Health Office of Environmental Health Services at: (304) 558-2981.
- d. Written documentation regarding the removal and disposal of the material will need to be submitted to the Inspections and Permits Division.
3. Additional permits/documentation may be required.
- a. Removal of asbestos material requires a permit from the City of Huntington Inspections and Permits Division.
- b. Road closure permit
- c. Traffic Study
4. Contact the Plumbing Inspector for inspection of the property. The inspection will determine the necessary requirements to complete the demolition.
- a. Division: Inspections and Permits
- b. Plumbing Inspector, Chris Johnson
- i. 304.696.5540 ext. 2209
- ii. firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Verification that all utilities have been disconnected.
6. Verification of insurance.
7. Cost of the Demolition Permit:
- a. Residential Demolition Permit is $150.00
- b. Commercial Demolition Permit is $150.00 plus 5 cents per square foot.
- c. Re-Inspection Fee is $100.00
8. Complete and submit the necessary documentation to:
- a. Permit Technician, Melissa Kilgore
- b. Division: Inspections and Permits
- c. Phone: 304.696.5540 ext. 2003
- d. Email: email@example.com
- e. Location: City Hall, Room 1